The Science Behind Built Burner
Built Burner tastes so good, you may not think about the science behind the bar. Actually, that’s okay. You just need to know that it works! That it increases your metabolism, suppresses your appetite, and when combined with healthy eating and regular exercise, it helps you shed weight quicker and tastier. But for those who want to know the specifics, read on below. Warning: You may never look at your Built Burner bar the same, ever again. In a good way.
Garcinia Cambogia (50% HCA)
The active ingredient in the fruit's rind, hydroxycitric acid, or HCA, has boosted fat-burning and cut back appetite in studies. Hydroxycitric acid blocks an enzyme called citrate lyase, which your body uses to make fat. It also raises levels of the brain chemical serotonin, which may make you feel less hungry.
- Loss of appetite or desire to eat less than usual.
- Reduced cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Positive mood (feeling happier, energetic, etc.).
- Increase in concentration and energy.
N-Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL
L-Carnitine is an amino acid that plays a crucial role in the production of energy by transporting fatty acids into your cells' mitochondria. The mitochondria act as engines within your cells, burning these fats to create usable energy. Acetyl-L-carnitine: often called ALCAR, is possibly the most effective form for your brain. Studies suggest that it may benefit people with neurodegenerative diseases.
- Muscle oxygen supply: Helps the body increase oxygen supply to your muscles, by helping the body utilize protein more efficiently.
- Stamina: May increase blood flow and nitric oxide production, helping delay discomfort and reduce fatigue.
- Muscle soreness: May reduce muscle soreness after exercise.
- Red blood cell production: May increase the production of red blood cells, which transport oxygen throughout your body and muscles.
Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is an acetylated form of the amino acid L-Tyrosine with nootropic effects. Nootropics help support the body’s ability to increase attention, motivation and concentration, and helps improve memory and learning. The N-Acetyl form increases the bioavailability of Tyrosine. Tyrosine is a Dopamine precursor – increases the synthesis of dopamine to help support the mind body connection. Tyrosine also helps increase the synthesis of noradrenaline from dopamine and helps balance the levels of Serotonin and GABA in the body.
- Adrenaline and noradrenaline: These hormones are responsible for the fight-or-flight response to stressful situations. They prepare the body to “fight” or “flee” from a perceived attack or harm.
- Thyroid hormones: Thyroid hormones are produced by the thyroid gland and primarily responsible for regulating metabolism.
Green Tea Extract (delivers 75mg of caffeine per serving)
Green tea extract is a concentrated form of green tea which is a great source of antioxidants. These have been credited with a range of health benefits, from promoting heart, liver and brain health to improving your skin.
Both catechins and caffeine have been shown to assist in weight loss by regulating the hormones that can enhance thermogenesis. Thermogenesis is the process by which your body burns calories to digest food and produce heat. Green tea has been shown to boost this process by making your body more effective at burning calories, which can lead to weight loss.